Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Lang Tannery - My opportunity to go back and photograph the finished product

My major photography project for about a year and a half now has been photographing and documenting the transitions of the old factories in Kitchener. 

It started with the Lang Tannery and it is where I had the honour of re-visiting to re-photograph the spaces as they are now. 

For this post I wanted to show some of my original shots to contrast how far the Lang Tannery has come. Go check it out and visit Balzac's; I highly recommend their hot chocolate.
























'The 'B' Pillar' was in an interesting state of transition my first time back to the Tannery in September 2010. The image on the right is what the space looked like originally. The picture on the left is what it looked like in September. Had it not been for that 'B', I wouldn't have recognized that space.

Although different angles, the above picture is now a very bright and open space that leads into a courtyard. It is part of the Hub.

The picture below is also in this space. It overlooks the picture above. 







These two pictures also show the contrast of the old and the new. Both pictures were in the Hub.



The New Tannery Lobby
This is a picture of the new lobby. I was looking down from the third floor to capture this one. In a future post I will add another shot of the lobby so that its size/height can be truly appreciated. 

Desire 2 Learn Lobby area

The Second Floor in transition

The front of the building looks quite different now. But, they have kept a lot of the original character and elements. Here is a before and after.
Before the new lobby


 This was the only picture I could find with the new lobby. It is an HDR taken from the roof of the Pharmacy Building.


No comments:

Post a Comment